This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

[FIXED] Printing separation labels (new layout in-between)

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

[FIXED] Printing separation labels (new layout in-between)

Postby yukka2000 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 am

Hi,

We are using SF for label printing of Transfer Orders (TO). However one batch of labels is split into a number of workplaces. Each section gets a number of labels, but as to help dividing of list of labels I need to place some "separation labels" with names of workplaces in-between transfer orders.

Sample print pages will look as follows:

WORKPLACE#A TO#1 TO#2 WORKPLACE#B TO#3 TO#4 TO#5 WORKPLACE#C ... and so on.

I can force doing that by means of "NEW-PAGE" printer command, but I don't have control over page layout (next page to be printed layout is copied here). Is it possible to control which layout to choose for the NEXT-PAGE? Unforunatelly number of labels is changing as well as workplaces. Any ideas?

What comes last into my mind is to rebuild print program as to feed data in smaller batches limited to single workplace...

Thanks,
Chris
yukka2000

Re: Printing separation labels (new layout in-between)

Postby Gothmog » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:46 am

Using a Command node (in the main window) you can start a new page and choose which page to start.
Just add a condition to detect new workplaces, branch out to your Workplace page, and go back to your TO page after that one.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby yukka2000 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:56 am

Thank you for your hint, but I think it won't work. Inside window there is a loop which goes through data to be printed on specific labels. I tried to make it work, but no use. Results are very confusing.
yukka2000

Postby yukka2000 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 am

Ok, issue solved as described above. It might be a bit tricky and it is higly advisable you work on clean data ;) Unfortunatelly my developers machine works accroding to Garbage In Garbage Out rule.

Cheers,
Chris
yukka2000

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms