This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Can you tab a text using Include

Development SAPscript/ Smartforms

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Can you tab a text using Include

Postby square93 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:19 am

I want to start a new line and print "TITLE" then I want to INCLUDE a Text - but I want it to tab and start printing on the same line as "TITLE".
but my Include means starting with a paragraph tag of /: (Command line) and it always starts printing on a new line.

Is there any way to force it to keep printing on the same line as the previous text?
square93

Re: Can you tab a text using Include

Postby SHS » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 am

As far as I know the only way to do this is to create a new paragraph and assign a left margin equal to the desired tab.
Then you can use this paragraph in your INCLUDE-statement like: INCLUDE MY_TEXT OBJECT TEXT ID ST PARAGRAPH XX
SHS

Postby square93 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 am

yes, but that will only allow me to control the tab of the Include - it will still start on a new line. I'm looking for a method of continuing the printing on the same line as the previous output line

e.g.
from
XX Title:
/: INCLUDE .......
I currently get
Title:
Title text

I'm trying to get
Title: Title text

thanks for the reply
square93

Postby SHS » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:02 am

OK sorry, missed that bit.
I don't think it's possible using the INCLUDE command.
You could read the text in your print program using function module READ_TEXT and store the first line in a field. Then print this field.
The other way is to create a separate window for this text on the desired position, but whether that's possible depends on the current layout of your form.

Good luck!
SHS

Postby square93 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:32 am

thanks for those ideas. At this stage its not so crucial as to change the print program and I was trying to find a sapscript solution. My text is the document header text and is variable length so the window idea wouldn't work as I couldn't stop it clashing with follow-on output.
Think i'll go back and say it's not possible.
square93

Postby Nin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 pm

I think can if paragraph for include set linespacing = 0.1 TW and also set left margin more than lenght of field 'Title' because 0.1 TW will not see any spacing. Or can you template to separate thoese 2 fields?

Hope that helps.

Nin
Nin

Return to SAPscript/Smartforms