Adding a New field in a field group

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Chual

Adding a New field in a field group

Post by Chual » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:32 pm

Hi all,

MB51 is a standard drill down report of Material documents. I am not sure how the field groups are created under variants for these types of reports. The business wants to add an extra field in the field group. Is it possible to add an extra field ? If yes, how do I do that ?

Thanks for your help,

Chual

MattG

Post by MattG » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:46 pm

Extract data sets are confusing to use, at first.

A) If you have a field-group called header, then these fields will be in every row of the extract data set, as a key.

B) Each row in the extract data set can be of different structure and length.

C) What data is put into the data set is determined by what fields are inserted into the field groups.

D) The actual data is extracted to the data set with the extract command.

E) If your field group only contains fields that are also in the header field group. Then this field group does not need an extract statement to populate it. This field group is used as an alternative sort sequence, (to header, or explicit fields).

F) The sort order used by an entract data set is, the extract sequence if unsorted. Or the sequence of the fields inserted into the field group that is being sorted by. Note if the sort command is used on its own the the data set will be sorted by the field group header (if it exists).

G) You cannot add (insert) fields to your data sets after you start extracting to them.

There is more to learn about field groups, I just have not written a crib sheet yet.

So to answer your question; where you find the the insert into field group statement just add your field to the list.

Good luck.
MattG.
Image Search SAPfans

Chual

Post by Chual » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:27 pm

Thanks a lot, Matt.