Variant Material Configuration

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Rich

Variant Material Configuration

Post by Rich » Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:12 am

SAP Version 4.0b, Transaction VA01

I've a problem whereby I have to compute the net weight of an order on a line by line basis for configurable items.

The net weight in the material master is the weight of one square metre of the material. To calculate the net weight I need to calculate the square metreage of the product and then multiply this by the values from Mara.

The dimensions of the material are held in a variant configuration, which by the time I hit the UserExit_Save_Document has been assigned an object number but still cannot be found by function modules CUD0_GET_CONFIGURATION (I assume that's because there's been no commit work yet)

Any one know how to get at the configuration for the current order prior to it being saved ??

Regards

Rich

jitendar_g

Post by jitendar_g » Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:48 am

Why dont u use the user exit USEREXIT_REFRESH_DOCUMENT in the include MV45AFZA. by that time the order would have been saved and the tables updated.

Jitendar

Rich

Post by Rich » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:11 am

That would imply that I would then have to read the order and then modify the fields, followed by saving the order again, whereas if I can get at the configuration before the order is saved, all I have to do is populate the relevant field.

Rich

PoolMan

Post by PoolMan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:13 am

Rich

I am not able to check on a release 4.0B system, but on the 4.6C system I am working on there is a function module CUCB_GET_SINGLE_INSTANCE which you can use to retrieve the values for the configuration instance (VBAP-CUOBJ) before an update has occured. Quite handily this function module works after an update has taken place also.
PoolMan