This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP Traditional programming Vs SAP Object Programming

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

SAP Traditional programming Vs SAP Object Programming

Postby Mit5252 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi All

what is the difference between SAP traditional programming Vs SAP Object Oriented programming.
I am basically trying to understand the capability that SAP Object oriented programming provides that SAP traditional does not.

Any other helpful tips will be highly appreciated.

Thank you Very much.
Mit5252

Re: SAP Traditional programming Vs SAP Object Programming

Postby Grogan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Grogan

Award cash if useful.
Grogan

Re: SAP Traditional programming Vs SAP Object Programming

Postby Lipperland » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:52 am

Depending on your personality, try to use something might be more suitable then "just" reading about it, though the provided pdf by Grogan is far less abstract then other stuff I read on the topic.

Personally, I need to use something to get the idea of it (programming wise speaking as my general field is process engineering and I'm programming less than "part time"). And I need to have goal for which the useage of a - for me - new method has serious benefits. Otherwise - "hello world" - I'm not really motivated to get myself into it.
I started recently using OO as I needed XLSX-output and I stumbled upon ABAP2XLSX. It's rather easy to get started once properly installed and while working on implementation, I got an idea why creating an instance is just easier than redefining everything from scratch and than even reuse everything in the next program.

What I really use in every day life - mostly rather simple programs - is data declaration (eg. p. 23).
Lipperland

Return to ABAP