This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Virus scan profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE is not active

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Virus scan profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE is not active

Postby Eggy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:12 am

We've recently upgraded one of our systems and are now randomly confronted with the error message:
"Virus scan profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE is not active"

This is now part of functions that handle files (GUI_UPLOAD, GUI_DOWNLOAD, cl_gui_frontend_services) and doesn't make any sense. In various posts it is stated that you need to have the profile itself, which we do, but only need to really activate it if you want to use it. And in that case, of course you need a virus scanner available.

The weird part is that we scan 20 documents and have them processed by the system, a random number (usually between 2 and 6) will end up with this error. The others are processed without any problems. I've been debugging for a while, but can't find anything that could explain this behavior.

Let's just say we don't want to perform any scanning, since we know exactly where the documents are coming from. How to completely disable this functionality? Thanks in advance for any help!
Eggy

Re: Virus scan profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE is not active

Postby Gothmog » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 am

I only have it as an Information message in this system, not an error message.
Have you looked at OSS note 906075 - Message "Virus scan profile ... is not active" for server?

If it's implemented, you may be in this case:
If you use the GUI_UPLOAD function module or the corresponding method in class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES, the system will display error message VSCAN033 ("Virus scan profile &1 is not active") in the global SY variables after an exception has occurred.
As a consequence, one might think that the exception was triggered by the inactive virus scan profile. However, there is another error scenario during which no error message text was assigned.
The message may be misleading.

Edit: and of course, it's not profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE that's checked for GUI_UPLOAD, but /SCET/GUI_UPLOAD.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Re: Virus scan profile /SCMS/KPRO_CREATE is not active

Postby Eggy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Aaaah ok so it could be a different problem altogether, just this message is overruling it. Tricky indeed.

I was just piecing together bits of information I was able to find on this message... and everyone seemed to be convinced the problem was in the 'new' virus scanning process. Already found it weird that something like '/SCMS/KPRO_CREATE' could be the problem, but sure enough there it was ;)

Thanks for the help, I'll check the system for that note first thing in the morning!
Eggy

Return to ABAP