This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Help: IDOCS - How to look for code/FM of outbound idocs

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Help: IDOCS - How to look for code/FM of outbound idocs

Postby jeffbroodwar » Thu May 08, 2014 3:50 am

Hi Experts,

I have not used IDOC for quite sometime, now I received an IDOC issue, I was able to check the message type,extension and segments but wasn't able to see where the codes can be viewed. below are some details:

WE30 - extension - Z1EDP91
we31 - segment definition - Z1EDP91
we41 - process code - SD09
we81 - message type logical - ZZOTC_INVOIC02
BD87 - I viewed some old idocs here but the segments are not the same with the current version...
- can reprocess using outbound option (right most button top)

hope you can walkme through on how to check the logic/code, the requirement is to validate the PO pass the value to PO segment of IDOC depending on the condition...
obviously I cannot see where this is happening as I don't know how to check the FM/code. thanks..

Thank you in advance,
Jeffbroodwar
jeffbroodwar

Re: Help: IDOCS - How to look for code/FM of outbound idocs

Postby Grogan » Thu May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

If I read you right you need to know how to determine the processing Function Module.

An easy way to do this is: tran WE19; choose Existing IDoc; enter your IDoc number; press [Create]; then on the new IDoc screen press [Standard Inbound] and you will see the FM name.

Copy the FM name; back out to the new IDoc screen; press [Inbound Function Module]; and paste the FM name in. From here you can tick the "Call in debugging mode" checkbox to breakpoint at the start the of FM, and press the [Continue] (green tick) button to execute.
Grogan

Award cash if useful.
Grogan

Postby jeffbroodwar » Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Grogan,

First thanks for the response, going back, I tried to follow the steps but when I enetered IDOC number and clicked on create it showed me the next screen where segments / IDOC structure is shown, I then clicked on standard inbound but I didn't see any FM name..instead I got the subscreen "Test inbound IDOC using partner profile" no FM name in this screen, I also tried the next button [inbound function module] but it didn't have a value..

btw I think I'm looking for an outbound FM, I checked this in WE41 (process code = SD09) I got the FM IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC, but this one's standard, I'm thinking the FM should be a custom ZFM instead of this... please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Jeffbroodwar
jeffbroodwar

Postby Grogan » Sun May 11, 2014 4:41 pm

As you have noted outbound Process Codes and their FMs are defined in WE41. A Process Code may be set against a Partner Number / Partner Type / Message Type in tran WE20.

Alternatively Sender Partner / Receiver Partner / Message Type can be specified directly as a Distribution Model in BD64.

I assume you have tried searching for an FM in SE37 using something like (depending on your naming standards) Z*IDOC* ?
Grogan

Award cash if useful.
Grogan

Postby jeffbroodwar » Wed May 14, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Grogan, I found the FM using a custom table in the document (part of code snippet), used where-used and found the FM.... this FM turned out to be an exit..triggered during save. Thanks...
jeffbroodwar

Return to ABAP