SAPScript/SmartForm Output to PDF (Pop up PDF)

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

livninsc

SAPScript/SmartForm Output to PDF (Pop up PDF)

Post by livninsc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Let me start by saying I am not an ABAP'er whatsoever. I have a requirement from our user to enhance our customer statement program so that a PDF can be e-mailed to the customer. Now, we know how to generate a PDF and drop it on a users local machine, and even how to convert an output and e-mail it out through SAP but the request is a little more than that.

The request is to actually have the PDF opened on the users screen so that they can then click the Send button in Adobe Reader and put in whatever verbiage and/or additional screenshots/communication they want.

We currently have both SAPScript and SmartForm statements in use (for different companies) so any help with either option would be appreciated. I'm being told that this can't be done which is odd as I am almost positive I have seen the PDF pop up before.

The user could always double click on the local machines PDF file and do the same but that's not what they're asking as when they execute our custom statement program they just want to see the PDF pop-up directly on their computer.

Just looking for some insight to give to our programming team.

TIA

AndyW

Re: SAPScript/SmartForm Output to PDF (Pop up PDF)

Post by AndyW » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:55 am

Hi

I don't know for sure if this will work for a PDF but it might be worth a shot. Take a look at method EXECUTE in class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES. We use this to open an Excel file after it has been created. You specify the document path and name as an export parameter and the method then attempts to open it using the default application for the file extension.

Hope that helps

Andy