Standard Enhancement Points

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Vasanta

Standard Enhancement Points

Post by Vasanta » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:37 am

does Editing Standard enhancement points is considered modifications?
our senior says yes based on the fact that it appears in modification browsers while another ABAP expert i know says no because they are still meant to be enhancements with SAP code she thinks that editing SAP code is risky but still we can add our coding blocks to the standard enhancements and she says that there are many other enhancements objects appear in modification browser, please advice who is correct.

bucka

Re: Standard Enhancement Points

Post by bucka » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:52 am

Hi,

You need to do some research on the Enhancement Framework.
if implemented correctly it is not a mod.
Kind Regards,

Ron Johns.

The older I get the better I was.

BradB

Re: Standard Enhancement Points

Post by BradB » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:35 am

Right, but I don't think that's what he/she is asking. If you modify the source code plug-in of an enhancement implementation for an explicit enhancement provided by SAP, then that's a mod because you're changing the way that specific piece of code is designed to behave. SAP will overwrite that code if touched by a note or support pack. Explicit enhancements are delivered and switched 'on' when you implement certain enhancement pack levels, or you can create your own in your programs with the corresponding switches. If you use an implicit enhancement in the standard code or implement a BADI via the enhancement method, then it's not a mod.
Ironman Triathlete and SAP Dev/Config Expert
(which is harder?)