The infamous TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

new2sapfans

The infamous TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

Post by new2sapfans » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi,

We have a Z smartform for Print Output.
I am trying to send the same output type RD00 as Fax and email, just by changing the Trans. Medium.
a) Is that fine, or should I define a completely new output type for fax (say ZFAX) and email (say ZEML)?

I also tried to get the Invoice Number in the subject of the Fax output, as described in

Code: Select all

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=316017&p=957353
but I am not sure how to find which program will have the appropriate TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE.
b) Is there a way by which every application (V1, V2 etc..) can be linked to its corresponding TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE?

c) Is there a way by which one can know which variables will be available per application, so that I can be sure while I put
them in the subject?

d) Along with the subject is there a possibility to have a default body of the email?

darshan

Re: The infamous TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

Post by darshan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 am

Here is what I do -

Put in a custom program name which has a subroutine, but the subroutine lacks the parameters

TABLES IT_TLINE STRUCTURE tline
USING WA_THEAD STRUCTURE thead
WA_NAST STRUCTURE nast.

so on issuing the output SAP dumps, and I come to know exactly which SAP program dumped.
That program always has a TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE !

new2sapfans

Post by new2sapfans » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm

I got it - SAPLV60A for V3, but I still would like to know the relation between V3 and SAPLV60A.

leewxm

Post by leewxm » Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hi
On a slightly different vein ..
I have Text_symbol_replace set up so we put the invoice number in the subject line of emails. But if the output condition is set to come in automatically we get Invoice number "$000000001"
This is becuase at the time the output condition was inserted the document number was not known I guess.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks
Lee

new2sapfans

Post by new2sapfans » Wed May 06, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for resurrecting this.
What is the Application and program name that you have set up for TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE ?
How did you (or your fucntional person) arrive at the program name (or did one of you just "know" it) ?

leewxm

Post by leewxm » Wed May 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Well I believe from my developer that the solution for the program is quite symbol. Use the program which goes with the transaction. So if you are using it for Invoices, get the program name to go with VF01, for Order Confirmations, program which is fdor VA01.I tried it and it seemd to work.

BradB

Post by BradB » Thu May 07, 2009 8:00 am

leewxm wrote:Hi
On a slightly different vein ..
I have Text_symbol_replace set up so we put the invoice number in the subject line of emails. But if the output condition is set to come in automatically we get Invoice number "$000000001"
This is becuase at the time the output condition was inserted the document number was not known I guess.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks
Lee
There's a way around almost anything with ABAP :wink: . Strange that happens - the output is processed in the update task at which time the doc number is definitely known, but the text symbol replacement does happen prior to that. I know it doesn't happen with PO's but haven't tried text symbol replacement with immediate processing on invoices. You have two options if you can't it to work:

1) Set the output for RSNAST00 processing and run the job often enough to suit your needs
2) Use the output processing program to set the e-mail title in NAST - this is way more useful than simple text replacement anyway unless you're using the standard program of course
Ironman Triathlete and SAP Dev/Config Expert
(which is harder?)

leewxm

Post by leewxm » Thu May 07, 2009 2:59 pm

2) Use the output processing program to set the e-mail title in NAST - this is way more useful than simple text replacement anyway unless you're using the standard program of course
Hi
Do you think you can expand a bit more on what you mean here? It sounds real interesting

Thanks
Lee

BradB

Post by BradB » Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 am

leewxm wrote:
Hi
Do you think you can expand a bit more on what you mean here? It sounds real interesting

Thanks
Lee
Replace the value of NAST-TDCOVTITLE in the output program - that's where the e-mail title comes from.
Ironman Triathlete and SAP Dev/Config Expert
(which is harder?)