Class text translations.

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Dr Sidewalk

Class text translations.

Post by Dr Sidewalk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:06 am

I've modified one of the text translations within a class object. However, despite having everything display as green (I'm in CRM) I can find nothing to indicate that a transport entry has been created. The class activates without any problems but still no link to any transport object. I know because I only have one modifiable transport object and if I review SE10 there is still only one object in my name linking to just the one transport, which does not contain this translation.

I might be just having a bad day, but I would have expected the usual pop-up box asking for the transport details when saving the translation. The only thing that I can think might stop this is if the translations were not complete, but they certainly look it.

Has anyone hit this kind of problem. I don't think my thumping headache is helping me resolve this and is probably clouding my thought processes.

Dr Sidewalk
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
"Money isn't everything in life, unless you don't have it"
"Fail to plan, plan to fail"
"Success is a journey, not a destination."

SHS

Re: Class text translations.

Post by SHS » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:58 am

Have you been able to identify the problem?
I just remembered when translating Smartforms (using SE63) you also won't get any transports. Activating the smartform itself is enough, and when transported, the translations are included.
Might work the same in your scenario?

Gothmog

Re: Class text translations.

Post by Gothmog » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:33 am

You could also use report RS_LXE_RECORD_TORDER to include the translations in a transport order, I think.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67