Mail with XLS attachment

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

tellme

Mail with XLS attachment

Post by tellme » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:24 am

Hello,

My query is... how to send a mail with xls attachment ????
I want to schedule the report in backgroung so that mail will be sent to the user daily. I read in faq that mail with xls attachment cannot be scheduled in background ...is it true?

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:00 am

No, its a lie. In fact, everything in the FAQ has been made up to fool people...

I've just done something similar. I have an RFC module that is called from an Enterprise Portal. It creates a backgrond job and adds a few steps to it. The first step runs a standard report and produces a spool request. The second step then reads that spool request in and converts it to a .CSV format file and saves it to the applicatioin server. (My customer had to settle for .CSV as you cannot produce .XLS in background.) Then a further step FTP's the file to the EP server where it can be downloaded at a later date. Finally the last step sends an email to the user to tell them their download is available. At this stage you could easily send the .CSV file - we chose not to for various reasons.

Creating .CSV files in background is probably your best bet - then the user just has to do a bit of formatting themselves when they open the file.

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:28 am

Maybe what you read is you cannot create an XLS file with normal FMs in background... you can send any kind of file attached in background...

Your question would be "how to create an XLS file in background", and it has been discussed thousand times here...
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem