BADI related problem

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

asega

BADI related problem

Post by asega » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:04 am

Hi,

We know that one badi can have multiple implementations.If there is one BADi say A and it has multiple implementations say ZA, ZB, ZC then how the system come to know that which implementation has been called?
Is there any sequence defined for the same ?

Thanks in Advance

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:19 am

Hi,

This is something I've always wondered about - which order the BADI's are called. I was told there is no way of determining the order but I don't believe that! The system will always call all implementations that are active, assuming the BADI in question allows multiple implementations.

antlese

Post by antlese » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:55 am

My experience with BADI's that allow multiple use also allow you use a filter on each implementation. So at the beginning of the code, you check that the filter contents is correct before executing the code.

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:57 pm

antlese wrote:My experience with BADI's that allow multiple use also allow you use a filter on each implementation. So at the beginning of the code, you check that the filter contents is correct before executing the code.
Yes, but that just proves they are still all being called or at least checked against the filter. It doesn't help determine in which order they will be called. Luckily, so far, I've not had a scenario where we would need the code in one BADI to always run before another but I'm sure this could happen...

SLKorolev

Post by SLKorolev » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:31 am

As far as I remember, they explicitly stressed somewhere in the manual that the BADI implementation call order is undefined and so you should not rely on specific call order.
Best regards, Sergey Korolev

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:04 am

SLKorolev wrote:As far as I remember, they explicitly stressed somewhere in the manual that the BADI implementation call order is undefined and so you should not rely on specific call order.
That's what I thought - I'm sure I've read that somewhere as well.