why does the 21st interactive list goes to short dump?

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:51 am

Hi,
What is the reason behind it?
why is it that the interactive lists can display upto 20 lists olnly?

Thanks in advance.

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:06 am

When's your interview?

Angry God

Post by Angry God » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:07 am

There is indeed a limit to the number of interactive lists. Offhand I don't know how many, but it could be 20.

hognoxious

Post by hognoxious » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:43 am

Don't know if there's a hard limit (20 is a strange number), or if it's just running out of memory remember that every time you drill down, the layer above is kept so you can go back to.

wizbongre

Post by wizbongre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:51 am

There is a limit to the number of drill downs - I thought it was 10 to be honest so maybe it is a system parameter. I found something in the documentation about it once.

The way round is to re set the appropriate SY field but then you lose the previous layers...

hognoxious

Post by hognoxious » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:22 am

wizbongre wrote:The way round is to re set the appropriate SY field but then you lose the previous layers...
... or structure it so that you can't go down too many layers. Especially avoid being able to go in circles - i.e. don't allow them them to go from the detail to the overview except by using the back button.
First he pinches my sig, Now he's cribbing my posts too!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:59 am

hognoxious wrote:Don't know if there's a hard limit (20 is a strange number), or if it's just running out of memory remember that every time you drill down, the layer above is kept so you can go back to.
It's indeed a hard coded limit of 20 (hard coded in the SAP kernel, not a profile parameter.)
This code

Code: Select all

REPORT.ULINE.SET USER-COMMAND'PF08'.AT PF8.ULINE.SET USER-COMMAND'PF08'.
Will cause a dump LIST_TOO_MANY_LEVELS instead of creating 21st list stack level.
Adjusting SY-LSIND before creating the new list helps to replace a list instead of creating a new list level.