Goods Movement BAPI - BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Kasthuri Rangan

Goods Movement BAPI - BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Post by Kasthuri Rangan » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:40 am

Dear all,

I am using Standard Goods Movement BAPI - BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE for goods movement 951(Customer created). There are three additional fields created in the Screen MB1A using customizing. How do you populate these fields. I do not see any structure or user exit to populate these fields. Kindly help me

Regards
Kasthuri Rangan

jschua800

Post by jschua800 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:27 pm

Hi,

If you have customized fields in your standard transaction, I believe you will not be able to use the standard BAPI for the transaction.

TwoABAPers

Post by TwoABAPers » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:31 pm

Hey Kasturi, how've you been doing..

BTW, are these fields from SAP tables/structures, or customer tables.

Regards
Sudhir/Mohit

Kasthuri Rangan

Post by Kasthuri Rangan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:24 am

Hey Sudhir/ Mohit,

Through customizing they have added 4 fields to the MSEG table. But the BAPI does not have any place holder for passing these 4 fields.

Whereas in the case of FI there is one additional structure available in the standard BAPI called EXTENSION1 through which we can passed the customer related fields and update the same using customer exit (USER exit).

Whereas in MM we do not have that additional structure EXTENSION1 or any other structure for passing customer fields.

TwoABAPers

Post by TwoABAPers » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:27 am

Kasthuri.

If they are customer fields added to MSEG, you can always update them directly.

Regards
Sudhir/Mohit.

Francis_Gaby

Post by Francis_Gaby » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:21 am

Yes Sudhir/Mohit,

That is the last option I am having. Just wanted to find out if any other way is available through standard BAPI. If you guys can come across any thing please let me know.

Regards
Kasthuri rangan

VN

Post by VN » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:21 pm

Hi Kasthuri,

You can use the user exit MB_CF001 (EXIT_SAPLMBMB_001) to populate MKPF and MSEG fields. The BAPI does not have the fields to add additional fields. You can use the EXPORT/IMPORT parameters to pass values to this exit. Or, insert the data into a 'Z' table and read that in this user exit. If you are using an IDOC, create custom IDOC that calls this BAPI and add your code there.

Now, you have to help me. If you add fields to MKPF or MSEG, how can you display them? Apparently there is some configuration that can display these fields in MB03 or other transactions. Can you please let me know?

VN