Does anyone know the table link between material and class.

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Dr Sidewalk

Does anyone know the table link between material and class.

Post by Dr Sidewalk » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:36 pm

I've spent the last few hours debugging MSC3N and MM03 trying to work out what the link is between Material and Class. I know that the class_type is used in this link somehow and that it's held in the MARA table, but I'll be damned if I can find what out the link is.

Just in case this has caused any confusion I'll explain further
If you have a material with a classification view (character 'C' in the maintenance status (MARA-PSTAT)) then the Class and Class type will be shown when you enter this tab/view. What I'm trying to find out (the lazy way) is how does it determine what the CLASS is ?

I desperately need my sanity to be saved.

Regards

Dr Sidewalk.

Chaps

Relax...it is only SAP!!!

Post by Chaps » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:26 pm

Hi Dr.,

You would be able to get the Material - Class link from the tables KLAH, MARA, KSML, CABN & AUSP.

1. Given the Class name, you can get the Class number (internal number for the class) from the table KLAH.

2. You can get the Characteristics for this class from KSML.

3. The MARA-MATNR should be converted into a field compatible to AUSP-OBJEK. Use this & KSML-IMERK for getting the Material Characteristics for this class. The Characteristics can be found from CABN for this class.

Thanks,
Chaps.
"Skill is fine, and genius is splendid, but right contacts are more valuable than either. "
--Archibald McIndoe

vhooloo

Post by vhooloo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:35 pm

Table TCLA maintains the relationship between objects (such as material) and classes. These relationships are customized through transaction 01CL or under cross-application -> calssification in the IMG.

AS for determining which class instance is used for a given object, you can use function modules such as CL* (search application hierarchy)