This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

LSMW for Uploading of Class Characteristics Master

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Postby simha » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:44 am

Hi,

I am using LSMW for Uploading of Class Characteristics Master. I use Standard Batch / direct input method , Object - 0150, Method 000 and Standard programe name is RCCTBI01.

While uploading the data it is giving an error message 'No batch input data for screen SAPLCTMV 0155'.

While we are processing this object in the 'Foreground' mode we will find an extra screen for 'Format' and 'Value Assignment' attributes. We have to provide value for 'Number of Chars' in this screen also . It is not coming while we are running this transaction individually.

Can you please provide solution for this problem as soon as possible.

Many Thanks,
Hari.
simha

Postby RosieBrent » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:32 am

This means you will need to provide values to this 'extra screen' encountered in batch processing.

It is not uncommon for SAP transactions to run slightly differently in batch mode than in online mode.

The only foolproof way to create a batch input program (even for use with LSMW) is to use SM35 to record the transaction.
Kind Regards

Rosie Brent

Please remember to search the forum and check the FAQ before posting questions, thank you.

Tuly Idiot most of the time, part-time Guru Image
RosieBrent

Postby simha » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:43 am

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for your response. I have searched FAQs for my requirement before posting this query. But I could not find any FAQ related to this. I have treid the recording technique also, but some of the subscreens are missing while we are recording this transaction. Can you give more inputs for my requirement.

Regards,
Hari.
simha

Postby RosieBrent » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:05 am

It's pretty unusual for there to be a field or screen in a transaction when running a BDC against them which you don't see when recording.

I tend to try and change the BDC to a BAPI at that point (you could look in LSMW and see if there is a different object type that could be used for your requirement) since unpredictable BDCs tend to be a nightmare to handle.

Sorry I can't be more positive / helpful... possibly someone else on the forum has some more info that could help?
Kind Regards

Rosie Brent

Please remember to search the forum and check the FAQ before posting questions, thank you.

Tuly Idiot most of the time, part-time Guru Image
RosieBrent

Re: LSMW for Uploading of Class Characteristics Master

Postby Floralie987 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:24 am

Hi,
Are you sure your load file is in UPPERCASE? I got the same issue and the Batch Input doesn't seem to recognize 'char' as data type and thus switches to an extra prompt screen that is not in your LSMW structure. Replacing the 'char' value by 'CHAR' should fix the problem and fill in the length field.
Floralie987

Re: LSMW for Uploading of Class Characteristics Master

Postby Gothmog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:11 am

After ten years, I think we can close this...
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Return to ABAP