Table which stores STMS configuration

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

pramod_basis

Table which stores STMS configuration

Post by pramod_basis » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:15 am

Hi all gurus

How to check what all tables are used in STMS configuration.

In other words SAP Tables which are having the current STMS configuration.

I know this is very tedious and we don't even able to know that which all master and details tables is included in STMS.

But Yes , definitely know that this thing is possible. We can know the tables used in STMS.

It would be grateful if any basis guru provide some TIPS regd this.

Thanx in adv.
Pramod Sharma
Basis Administrator
India.

oldsapguru

Post by oldsapguru » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:41 am

Actually, the configuration still gets written out to the OS level in a TP_DOMAIN_<SID> in the /usr/sap/trans/bin directory. Then there are files like TMSFSYSL that holds the systems in the configuration. I guess your best bet is to use se16 and look at all the tables starting with TMS* until you find what you are looking for.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:11 am

hi

yes gurus what happen ...

no of them ..

help me or atleast give some tips to me.

Gary Morris

Post by Gary Morris » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:11 pm

guru has given you the answer. The TMS (STMS) is configured with a file called TP_<domain>.PFL as of release 4.5 before that it was called TPPARAM.TPL which ever one you have will be found in \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run\INSTALL on a Unix server, and in NT it is usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_<sys>.PFL
For example if your Transport Domain Host is DEV and you are using NT you should look on the OS level at file usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL
Do not change this file with a text editor, it is written to by SAP when you change things in STMS.
Gary Morris
SAP Security Consultant
garydavidmorris@gmail.com

oldsapguru

Post by oldsapguru » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:23 pm

Correction, at least on AIX the domain profile is stored in /usr/sap/trans/bin. And on HP-UX as well.

I have never even heard of \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run\INSTALL. Has anyone else besides Gary Morris?
Last edited by oldsapguru on Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gary Morris

Post by Gary Morris » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:48 pm

Sorry, I was clipping and pasting from my notes database. That was the path for the "sample" TPPARAM.TPL file and not the one your system is using at the time. Of course / for Unix.
And I don't know why I mentioned it except that if guest was on a system previous to 4.5 he could look at TPPARAM.PFL for the TMS configuration data. I don't use Unix but thanks for the correction, I should have noticed the TPL extension when I pasted it, it should be PFL for the active profile, both Unix and NT use the same path.
(If the sample TPPARAM.TPL is not under INSTALL directory it might be under run or just look for that file name) It could also be TPPARAM.NT for NT, it is just the sample file that has comments for what everything means and is a sample for you to use when you used to edit the TPPARAM.PFL file with a text editor. You do not do that to the TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL file but let R/3 do it as you make changes via the GUI. Bye the way.. don't keep both files. If you have a copy of the TPPARAM.PFL file and the TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL in the \usr\sap\trans\bin directory get rid of the TPPARAM.PFL file. Your system is using the TP_DOAMIN_DEV.PFL file (DEV is an example of your SYS) and if you try and use tp from a command line you can have conflicts if both files are in there.
I would bet many have left it behind when they upgraded. It will only cause problems when you use tp at the command line so you may not have had to deal with it yet.
Gary Morris
SAP Security Consultant
garydavidmorris@gmail.com

bubu

Post by bubu » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:22 pm

To add:

As you might be aware and as implied here the default path is on /usr/sap/trans/bin or \usr\sap\trans\bin (whatever). You also might be aware that you can change this by chaning the parameters for the transports on the instance profile and on the tp profile ...

Regards,