funny problem

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

blue_teeth

funny problem

Post by blue_teeth » Wed May 14, 2003 11:39 am

Hi,

First, funny because, it's restricted till my Quality systems. Anything in production is not funny :evil:
4.6B/Oracle 8.1.7.4

As and when required, I create Secondary Indexes on SAP standard tables from SE11. This results in a Change Request creation. And this request is promoted to Quality and then to Production.

Now, at times, we decide that the new index is no good and needs to be dropped. Deleting index from SE11 DOES NOT CREATE a change request!

The only way in Quality would be to open the system up and delete the index from SE11.

The above leads to a funny problem. Any subsequent index created on same table in Development (change request created), it will NOT MOVE into Quality! (for that table only..for other tables it works) giving a transport tool error. So, to CREATE new index for that table in Quality, again SE11 needs to employed.

Naturally, I do not wish to do this in production.

I toyed with idea of dropping the index at Oracle level..but this leads to unncessary warnings in DB02 (Indexes defined in ABAP but not present in Database).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
BT

Post by Guest » Thu May 15, 2003 4:21 am

BT,

Use SE12 and delete the index. It's works for me on a 46B system.

Am

blue_teeth

Post by blue_teeth » Thu May 15, 2003 5:06 am

AM,

Thanks for reply. I tried SE12 and deleted a test index..but again, it does not create a change request!

What I'm looking for, is a way, which leads to system asking for a Change Request whenever an index is deleted.

Cheers,
BT

Post by Guest » Thu May 15, 2003 5:30 am

BT,

What version are you on. When I used SE12 I get a change request which I then transport to my QAS system.

My mandt is set to 'automatic recording of changes' and 'changes to repository and cross-client customising'.

Am

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Thu May 15, 2003 6:06 am

i've been testing the following on 4.5 - use SE01 and transport the table structure of the table (where the 'wrong' index is already deleted) with R3TR TABL NAMEOFTABLE

blue_teeth

Post by blue_teeth » Thu May 15, 2003 6:49 am

Am,

Aha! Got it working now Am. You see, one index which was created, the change request was never released. The object was locked. After releasing it, index deletion is also creating a change request. Wonder why change request was getting created on index creation (with object locked) but not on deletion. Will explore this later.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
BT