This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP User blocked by external program BPC

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SAP User blocked by external program BPC

Postby Valentin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:51 am

Hi everyone ! I'm a new SAP admin, and i encounter my first problem concerning a user who's locked althrough he is not mistaken of password.

When I look in the change documents for this user (SUIM), i see a line withe value "Incorrect logon lock" on Tcode KRNL.

After some search on the internet, KRNL seems to be an external program, and in most of the cases, this is due to an RFC attributed to the user which includes a wrong password. I check that on RSRFCCHK, no RFC for this user.

The only clue I have is that the user had logged in BPC a few minutes before the lock, does anybody knows how can i find the error from SAP ?

I thank you in advance for your future answers, and please forgive my English :)

Best Regards
Valentin

Re: SAP User blocked by external program BPC

Postby Zavaros » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 am

hello,

when you change password during login then change logs show KRNL also. It means that a kernel function did the activity.

if it is not keyboard language issue then the user had set his username and an old password somewhere ... in an RFC destination, BSP, setup wizard ... or anywhere else.
In SM21 you can see the terminal name from where the user logged in with incorrect password but it is not reliable information.

... it will be a nice hunting.

Some times ago I was locked in our SolMan system for 3 years. I checked destinations in all SAP systems but was not able to find what locks my user ... issue solved when we rundown the old hosts ... so I assume my user was set in an SMD agent.

Regards,
Zav
Zavaros

Return to Basis