This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Cannot login

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Cannot login

Postby flanca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:07 am

Hi,

I made a successful installation of EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0 - ABAP Support Release 1. DBMS: SQL Server 2008 R2.
And I'm facing a weird problem. I can not login with <sid>adm and the master password defined during sapinst. And cannot login with SAP* with password PASS (tried it out with upper and lowercase) even after defining profile parameter " login/no_automatic_user_sapstar " with value 0 and restarting the system.

Same error everytime: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon).
At the 3rd try the "connect to the system" window of SAP Logon closes.

Please help me :S I need it to be done tomorrow (and I want to demonstrate my boss I know how to install a system successfully)

Please help. Feel free to ask what you need to know.

PS: SAP MMC processes are all up and the sap and sql server services too..
flanca

Re: Cannot login

Postby Zavaros » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:34 am

Hello,

read the manual again. Make special attention for post install activities.

- sidadm is OS user not SAP user.
- to login to a freshly installed SAP system you have to use users SAP* and DDIC with the master password.
- activating the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter is not enough to hack into the system. The existing SAP* has to be deleted at DB level.

the problem is not in the system installation but in the configuration and setup.
I saw lot of systems that were not able to start after shutdown... or crashed after a month of work because some post activities were missing.

So ... before starting work as consultant I suggest reading also configuration guides, best practices and all related OSS Notes.

Regards,
Zav.

PS:
Zavaros

Return to Basis