This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP GUI 730 with patch - 5

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SAP GUI 730 with patch - 5

Postby adminbasis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:05 am

Dear All,

I installed SAPGUI 730 with patch 5 on one of our user's PC which contains O/S win-7. everything is perfect but only issue his data cannot be saved in buffer means for example earlier whenever he puts the cursor on logon ID Field & press space / backspace button then he could able to see his login ID which he select & gives the password & login to SAP. and also after execute transactions for example in XD03 to see customer master data with just pressing space / backspace button he could able to see the previous customer number but now after installing GUI 730 he cannot see any buffered data which he used to see earlier. Kindly let me know how to fix it or we need to install any latest hot fix / patch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
adminbasis

Re: SAP GUI 730 with patch - 5

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:13 am

This is controlled in SAPGUI settings --> Local data --> History. It should be turned on by default. It is likely that the new GUI install wiped out the existing history files and they will establish themselves again over time. I am running patch level 5 without this issue.

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby adminbasis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:29 am

Hi Dave,

It is already ON by default but still cannot be establish the data as the user is having this GUI-730 version from last 1 week & not even a single field he can see the previous data by pressing backspace. please advice.

Regards,
Syed
adminbasis

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 am

The only other factor I am aware of is the network setting on the individual logon entry. If set to 'Low speed connection' history is disabled.
From that point, it's simply a matter of troubleshooting - check other workstations, etc.

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Basis