This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Kerberos SSO Setup issue

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Kerberos SSO Setup issue

Postby chutney374 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

Hi All

My client is running a 4.6c (yes I know, say nothing), sap system with a 4.6D non unicode, 32 bit kernel.

Until recently they were also running on 32bit windows 2000.

Now the SSO using kerberos WAS working using the GSSAPI32.DLL and GSSKRB5.DLL files (32 bit ) as explained in the SAP documentation. However the client has recently upgraded their hardware to x64 windows 2003. Now the Kerberos SSO won't work.

I've downloaded and applied the gx64ntlm.dll, gx64krb5.dll which are required to perform this BUT the and the parameters are all set in the instance profile, except SNC/ENABLE. When I set this to ZERO SAP start without a problem, the moment I set it to a value of 1, SAP won't start, and I believe it's because the SAP application (32 bit remember) is trying to read a 64 bit DLL. However and here is the kicker, if I setup the system using the 32bit .dll files and enable SNC, I get the same problem. SAP won't start and SSO via kerberos fails.

I'm therefore left a wondering; is it possible to mix and match Kerberos SSO setup for 32 bit apps, running on 64 bit OS? As this is where the problems appear to stem from.

I have a call with SAP already to try and confirm either way, but SAP aren't the SAP of old, and who knows when they'll get back to me, or if their answer will be black and white as apposed to abiguity that seems to be rife in most of their documentation, so I thought I'd give you guys a crack.

Regards

Paul M.
chutney374

Re: Kerberos SSO Setup issue

Postby PIUSAP » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:29 am

I wish I could help you, but I was like 10 years old when 4.6c came out :D
PIUSAP

Return to Basis