This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

NW70 instance not starting

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

NW70 instance not starting

Postby nimo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:37 am

Hi everyone

We had to restore our NW70 Java instance [running on AIX] as a fall back from SP application. I restored the database and file systems /usr/sap/SID/JCxx and /sapmnt/SID/exe. When starting the instance, I am getting the message:

# cat JdbcCon.log
Start: Wed May 22 08:36:59 EDT 2013
Error: Couldn't connect to DB
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

# cat startsap.trc

eval /usr/sap/SID/JCxx/exe/sapjvm_4/bin/java -classpath /usr/sap/SID/JCxx/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/launcher.jar com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.inst.jdbc.connect.JdbcCon /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/jdbcconnect.jar:/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global/security/lib/tools:/oracle/client/11x_64/instantclient/ojdbc14.jar:/usr/sap/SID/JC60/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap:/usr/sap/SID/SYS/global/sltools/sharedlib -sec SID:SID -logFile /home/SIDadm/JdbcCon.log
returncode=12
J2EE Database is not available via test
See logfile /home/SIDadm/JdbcCon.log
JDB_RUNNING=0
_INST=JCxx
_PROFILE=/usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/SID_JCxx_hostname

SAPSYSTEMNAME=SID

The SCS is running fine. The instance is not able to connect to the database (first step), and hence not even a single log file anywhere. I did not change any password at all. Any idea how to proceed?
nimo
nimo

Re: NW70 instance not starting

Postby nimo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:59 am

I think I resolved the issue. Listener port was wrong (hidden character between the numbers). Now everything is OK.
nimo
nimo

Return to Basis