This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

server Re-Architecture

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

server Re-Architecture

Postby EstherJoy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 am

Hi Gurus,

I have few questions :
1>presently i am having Production SRM 7.0 system has java instance + abap instance residing on one box.
and oracle db instance schema + CLM oracle db schema on another box

Requirement : now i got 3 new server boxes I need to split java instance seperatly on one box & abap instance seperatly on another box and moving the Oracle database + CLM oracle db schema on another box

could you please suggest How to go a head with the above requirement .(dual stack split)

2>But my DEV and QUA systems are not going for Re-Architecture scenario .
Question: Is it possible to leave the DEV and QUA systems by not going for Re-Architecture scenario .if yes what are the risk factors faced if i wont go for DEV and QUA systems Re-Architecture scenario .

Esther
Last edited by EstherJoy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
EstherJoy

Re: server Re-Architecture

Postby Zavaros » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 am

Hi,

if the SRM was installed as a standalone double-stack system then the split is not supported by default.
With some re-wiring you can move the DB to other host. it needs knowledge of ABAP, java configuration so it can (should) be done only by a Basis expert.

The longterm solution is a system copy to a distributed architecture. In this case all components (ABAP, JAVA, DB ) will have own IP address and instance number therefore you can move them on any host.

Regards,

Zav
Zavaros

Return to Basis