This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Windows 7 Ultimate Network error with sapgui

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Windows 7 Ultimate Network error with sapgui

Postby Hasim » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 am

Hello all,

I have (again) a "decompression error - receiving - program will be terminated" whenever I input my username+password to logon. I am 100% it has to do with some network settings on my pc and not with the server end. Anyone has ever encountered and solved this and if yes how?

I am running windows 32 ultimate and have tried 7.10, 7.20 and 7.30 Sap Gui's with the same results. As I said I am 100% sure it is a network error I just have no idea where to even start looking so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Hasim.
Hasim

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate Network error with sapgui

Postby blueteeth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 am

Go to a system where your login is working. Select your System from SAPGUI, click on Change Item
Click on Network Tab > Note down the details.
Click on Code Page Tab > Note down the details

Come back to machine where your login is not working. Setup the parameters. Login again.

BT
blueteeth

Postby Hasim » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:28 am

I wish it were that easy. Alas it is not, I should have mentioned that I have done that and I have also copied all the sap directory (from program files) from a pc that CAN log in to the one that can not. Same situation.
Hasim

Postby blueteeth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 am

What is the OS of working PC? Is OS license installed? I would not copy binaries of one application to another machine. This would mess up the registry & new fangled program security features. I'd use a proper installer. I am not a Microsoft person and don't know what versions of desktop OS SAPgui supports.

Have you compared network connections of working & not working PCs? For example, one may be using Wi-Fi. Is there a saprouter involved? Are there any locales (language) specific requirements? I would try to compare many things between working & non-working PC and troubleshoot.

One option would be to format the system and install a similar OS as in working PC.

BT
blueteeth

Return to Basis