This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SQVI vs. SQ01

Basis (Basis Technology Modules: Basis Component/System Administration, GUIs)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SQVI vs. SQ01

Postby SAPling on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 am

All,

I have a basic understanding and some experience with writting queries in SAP using SQ01 but have only recently tried using the SQVI for quick reports. There are several functions that SQVI doesn't seem to offer that I have available in SQ01. For example, I can control how a query executes (only with variant) but I don't see this option in SQVI. I would also like to edit the selection field descriptions but don't see how this can be done either. Are these options that are not available in SQVI or am I missing something. I read through SAPs help section but it stays up at a very hight level not addressing some of the details such as these. If any of you have any good documentation on SQVI or SQ01 for that matter I would appreciate a link. I would prefer to educate myself on this instead of asking a bunch of questions. Teach me to fish not just feed me! :)

thanks in advance for your help!

Sapling

SAPling

Re: SQVI vs. SQ01

Postby thx4allthefish on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:23 pm

sqvi is designed for purposes of the individual, not general. meaning: every sqvi you do will only be visible to you and not to other people (unless you convert it into a query). it's more like a drag-and-drop SE16 than a real query. for quick and dirty work, so most of the more sophisticated features of queries are missing here. it's intentional (i think).
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby waltersen on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:01 am

Hi,

the information given by the fish is true, but I found a way how the quickviews can used by other person. Every quickview has a report and that can started via SA38.

We are on ECC 6.0.

Bye
waltersen

Postby SAPling on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:16 am

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate your input.

Sapling
SAPling

Return to Basis