Replicate the detection of locked payroll area in a FM

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

nazgul

Replicate the detection of locked payroll area in a FM

Post by nazgul » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:31 am

Hello all,

SAP Transaction PA30 has a feature which detects that the payroll area is locked when the user tries to create/change the infotype record of a particular employee. The standard error message is "Payroll area XYZ is locked for master data maintenance".
I need to re-create this detection in a customized function module but I can't seem to pinpoint the right subroutines or function modules to call. I debugged the SAP standard program and came across FM RP_RETROACTIVITY_GET. I filled up the required parameters and tables only since the remaining parameters are very difficult to populate based on the SAP standard code. I tested the program inputting the employee number and start and end dates but it doesnt seem to do the job of detecting that the payroll area is locked for the employee and date range given. I am not even sure if I am calling the right FM. Does anyone have a similar experience in the past? I would appreciate any suggestions or better, if someone can point me to the right direction. Thanks in advance!
Regards,
nazgul

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:43 am

Hi,

you can either use FM PA03_PCR_READ or just select from table T569V.

Cheers

nazgul

Post by nazgul » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:32 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but based on the FM and table you gave me, how exactly do I determine that the payroll area is locked for a particular employee at a given date range?
Regards,
nazgul

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:37 am

Check domain values for field T569V-STATE.

An employee will be locked if he/she belongs on that date to a payroll area (P0001-ABKRS) which is in state '1' or '4'.

Is this what you were looking for?

nazgul

Post by nazgul » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have not had the chance to verify what you suggested but that seems to be what I am looking for. I will just have to do some verification and testing first. Thanks so much for the tips!!!
Regards,
nazgul

nazgul

Post by nazgul » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:05 pm

Hi,

There is no date range (begin & end date) in table T569V. There is only the (payroll) year. I wont be able to detect the locking based on a specified date range if I use the entries in table T569V. Thanks for the help anyways!
Regards,
nazgul