This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Infotype 0041 - User Defined Date Specifications

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Postby billb » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:36 am

Before my time, someone set up a couple of user-defined date types in Date Specifications. But they don't show up in all the personnel actions the way we want them to. I don't think these date types have ever showed up the way we want them to.

I have recently changed the DATAR feature and I think this now causes the 2 date types to show up during hiring. But the 2 date types don't show up in termination. And, if I enter them manually during termination, the fields show blank when I rehire.

I want the date types to be shown in all personnel actions. I also want the existing values to be presented during the personnel action.

As always, any help/hints are appreciated.

billb
billb

Features

Postby Jez » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:26 pm

Features are only invoked on the CREATION of a new infotype, not on a copy or change of an existing infotype. This is more than likely the reason for your problems.

For a tighter control of these date types, have a look at using either dynamic actions or User Exits in PBAS0001 and PBAS0002

Jez
Jez

Postby billb » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply, Jez. I was hoping for some magically easy way to get total control of these dates. That isn't too much to ask, is it? :-)

From your reply, it sounds like I will have to use the user exit to get better control of which date types appear and what value they have by default.

If anyone has other thoughts, please share them.

Thanks again!
billb
billb

Return to Human Resources