This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Updating PA30 in background where no authorization

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Updating PA30 in background where no authorization

Postby Stella » Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:31 pm

I have a requirement to update few infotypes via PA30 where the user will not have maintain authorizations. But all the edit checks to be done.Please suggest if there is any suitable method :roll:
Stella

Update PA30 i background

Postby Abdul Rauf » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:42 am

u might try to write an upload program so that it can be performed at the background OR there is a software named Winrunner ( u might heard of this) where u can use this sware to upload data. It uses the macro concept. The software is quite useful to upload data that involves multiple screen maintenance for each data and its quite easy to use.

Hope this would help...good luck
Abdul Rauf

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:34 am

I'm not sure I understand totally what you are tyring to do. You want to bypass authorization checks and maintain via PA30 and still do program checks? I don't think this is possible. You can update infotypes bypassing authorizaitons and checks through a custom program, however.

Postby kmoore007 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:37 am

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure I understand totally what you are tyring to do. You want to bypass authorization checks and maintain via PA30 and still do program checks? I don't think this is possible. You can update infotypes bypassing authorizaitons and checks through a custom program, however. kmoore@saphrguys.com
kmoore007

P_ORGIN - HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA

Postby endurista » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:03 pm

Hi,

a little more information would have been helpful. With aut. object P_ORGIN you can give maintainance authorization on certain infotypes, on others only display.

From a program you can use function module HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA and plan it as job with user DDIC or any other with sufficient authorization.

Regards

endurista

back here and there
endurista

Postby Stella » Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:30 pm

Hi All,

Thanks. Actually, we are replacing few time infotypes(can not be enhanced) with customized infotypes (9xxx) with additional fields. Also we are maintaining SAP Infotypes for some purpose which will be updated by the custimized infotype programs. But we do not want user to maintain SAP Infotypes from PA30. How to acheive this?.
Stella

Return to Human Resources