This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Maintain approval rules in HR

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Maintain approval rules in HR

Postby Riser » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 am

Dear HR experts,I have two questions:

1. I have a quite basic questions about the functionality in HR. Is it possible to link approval rights to an employee in HR? What I mean is for example information that a certain employee has the right to approve vendor invoices up to 10.000 USD for cost center 1000 and 2000. Is this possible?

2. If point 1 is supported by functionality in HR, can this information be used for vendor invoice approval flow?

Thanks in advance,
Riser
Riser

Re: Maintain approval rules in HR

Postby Riser » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 am

Dear experts,
I have done some more investigations around this and my conslusions are:

1. Create a HR mini master in which we create the approvers as employees.
2. Create an organizational structure in transaction code PPOME with positions (roles). Assign employees to positions.
3. Build the workflow and the approval master data like which position is authorized to approve on which cost center and which amount, is defined in workflow rules.

Experts, please give me your input to my findings above.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Riser
Riser

Postby rangachary » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:10 am

Isn;t HR master data already in the system? Are you proposing to create a duplicate structure just for your approvals?
rangachary

Postby Riser » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. No we are not using HR at all at this time. We only want to use it as appoval master, and maybe in the future start using additional components of HR.

Thanks,
Riser
Riser

Postby rangachary » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 am

Well, in that case, your solution is not bad.

However, when building the structure, you should take into account that sometime in the future, you may be implementing HR - Care should be taken to define the HR enterprise structure and org structure in such a way. Or atleast have a provision for scrapping this mini master altogether when you decide to implement SAP HR in your system.

Have you considered just maintaining some kind of Z Table, mapping approval rights to user ids? or something like that? At this stage, this may be more workable - if in future you implement HR, clearly the workflow associated with this process will have to rebuilt.
rangachary

Postby Riser » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, and it true makes sense. We will keep your recommendation in our thoughts.

Have a nice one,
/ Riser
Riser

Return to Human Resources