This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

"Assignment to feature did not take place" Error

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

"Assignment to feature did not take place" Error

Postby wolfinator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi,

I am having an issue with creating a feature for dynamic mail(to be used in conjunction with table T588Z). Maybe I am just misunderstanding this and that is why I am having such difficulty, but here is my scenario.

I have a dynamic action that is set to create an IT0758 when an IT0008 is saved. At the same time, I would like to send a mail notification(SO10) when this 0758 is created. I have created a feature for sending this dynamic mail, but am a little unsure of whether I should have the feature be driven off an infotype or not.

I have tried quite a few scenarios and can't get it to work, but have gotten this message when I did think it SHOULD work: "Assignment to feature ZMSTC did not take place." I have activated and saved this feature and still received the error, but can't quite figure out how to get the mail to send. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you very much!
Mike
wolfinator

Re: "Assignment to feature did not take place" Error

Postby mb7269 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 am

This error is generic when the feature is just not recognized or does not return expected value.
Either it is not activated, or wrong assignment (e.g. from dynamic action) or feature not recognized for some reason. So, if feature is already activated, ensure feature is called by the routine (i.e. recognized), ensure feature value is passed to be processed.. Especially when feature is called from within dynamic action, this can be tricky as dynamic action may sometimes not triggered due to conditions
mb7269

Re: "Assignment to feature did not take place" Error

Postby wolfinator » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am

Ok that information is a little helpful. Maybe I just need to understand how the feature operates in conjunction with Dynamic Actions.

I have a dynamic action set up to create IT0758 when an IT0008 is saved. At the same time, I want to send the mail using the feature BECAUSE IT0758 was created.

-Should I trigger the feature call durign the 0008 dynamic action or should there be a trigger using a new 0758 dynamic action?
-Also, shoudl my feature begin with a decision on IT0008 or IT0758 and does it depend on the dynamic action used?

Thank you!
Mike
wolfinator

Return to Human Resources