This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Unique employee reference number

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Unique employee reference number

Postby lulu2608 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 am

Hi,

We are having problems identifying staff on SAP HR to merge data from another database because SAP does not appear to use a unique employee reference number. I know we can have staff with multiple concurrent contracts (of which we have lots) and that IT0121 shows which of those contracts is classed as the main one, but if that main contract ceases the main personnel number then changes.

I am told that only the NI number is unique and not going to change but we cannot use this as it is sensitive data.

Every other HR database I have used issues the employee a unique, non-changing number for personal data and then gives multiple position or assignment numbers depending on how many roles they hold. How can I replicate this in SAP HR? I have come across IT0709 through web searches but can't access it on my setup and can't find out how it works. My support team are suggesting IT0085 or IT0032 but both seem to require manual intervention which brings in a risk of errors.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Lulu
lulu2608

Re: Unique employee reference number

Postby Sleepyjoe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Lulu,

What about the technical person number (also known as Central person)? You can see this in SE16, table HRP1001, if you select relationship A209. Type of related object in the output will be CP and ID of related object will be the unique number.

Regards,
Sleepyjoe
Sleepyjoe

Re: Unique employee reference number

Postby piku » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

Hi Lulu, infotype 0709 is designed for this purpose. But you have to configure it via IMG because this is part of Concurrent Employment (CE) fuctionnalities.

We are using it and it works fine.
Piku
piku

Return to Human Resources