This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Quota deduction vs. Work Schedule Rules

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Quota deduction vs. Work Schedule Rules

Postby Willie 3 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:56 am

Hi,

been a long while since I been here but in case of emergencies, it's always good to know this place is still in the air.

My client wants to implement Leave - administration without implementing WSR's. A lot of parttime employees in the organization and they dont want to administer all specific WSR rules for all employees. From a business persepective this choice is understandable.
However, this leaves me with an issue.
Normally quota deduction is calculated based on the working hours in a specific date interval. Client want's to bypass this by forcing EE's to request leave per calender day. Fine with me from a technical point of view. I'll leave it up to the implementation team to explain this to the business. :mrgreen:

However, this still leaves me with the technical issue that in the following situation: EE requests 10 hours off for a calender day (EE works 40 hours a week, 4 days of 10 hours) but his WSR (which is thus one WSR for all EE's) states 5 days of 8 hours.
If the EE requests 10 hours, in IT2001 the number of hours deducted are 'overwritten' by SAP and set to 8 hours (based on WSR).

Is there some way to 'overrule' this functionality so that whatever the number of hours is which is recorded in IT2001, is not overwritten by SAP?

Thanks for your responses!

BR,
Willie.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do......
Willie 3

Re: Quota deduction vs. Work Schedule Rules

Postby hraccess » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 am

Hi Willie,
I think you are going to change IT2001 user exit to do this by Abap.
As you are trying to modify standard reaction of SAP
One question : why don't you use WSR with 10h / day?

Fab
hraccess

Return to Human Resources