This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

e-payslips

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

e-payslips

Postby hrboss » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 am

HI,

My client is maintaining the HR data in their system (A) which is then ALE'd to our system (B). Payroll is run in system B and the "hardcopy" payslips are produced by us to the cilent's employees. Is it possible to set up a e-payslip functionality for the client with the current landscape?

hrb
hrboss

Re: e-payslips

Postby rangachary » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 am

Where are the payroll results held? in system B, I presume?

Therefore I suppose only thing is to set up a portal in system B for them to access from system A.

In the company I work for, we have recently recieved details of how to log in to the epayslip system provided by the third party Payroll bureau. It is not shown on our intranet - it is like logging in to an internet page.

Unless you want to ALE back the detailed payroll results, and let then sort it out.
rangachary

Postby hrboss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 am

The client already has SAP Enterprise portal pointing to their own system A in which which ESS / MSS, Travel, E-recruitment, Talent management are implemented. Is it possible to map the SAP enterprise portal to system A for the above modules and our system B for the payslips. I doubt this but will wait for you reply.
hrboss

Postby rangachary » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am

BOSS,

as an HR functional consultant, I cannot claim to know the technical ins and outs of this - definitely please get a portal guy to check this out in more detail -

But in principle, I do not think there is any problem in providing a link to an external system on our internal SAP Enteprise Portal. You may well have to click on that link and enter your log in details again - you may well have to do lot of coding in Portal to ensure the correct log in details are passed on to the payslip system, there might be technical stuff need doing to ensure https and stuff like that. But the broad principle of having a link on your internal SAP Enteprise Portal to an external system is a valid one, I think.

In fact, I have been in two projects where a log in to a 3rd party benefits provider was provided in the SAP EP along with all the usual ess/mss stuff.
rangachary

Return to Human Resources