This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

OSA: Mandatory Part Appraiser

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

OSA: Mandatory Part Appraiser

Postby LiranA » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 am

Hello everyone,

We are implementing the component of Objectives Setting and Appraisals.

According to one of our appraisal scenarios, the final appraiser should evaluate the employee only after the part appraiser has
finished his/her evaluation.

After investigating this issue, I've found out that the only way of doing so is to switch on the flag "Mandatory Part Appraisers"
in the Part Appraiser Selection screen.

1.This solution doesn't provide a full solution to the business scenario: the final appraiser indeed can't update the appraisal document if the part appraiser hasn't finished doing so, BUTthe final appraiser still receives the document and according to the business scenario the final appraiser should receive the document only after the part appraiser finished the evaluation. Am I right?

2.Is there another way for fulfilling this business scenario except the one with the Mandatory flag?

Thank you all!!
LiranA

Re: OSA: Mandatory Part Appraiser

Postby hrboss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 am

yes, the final appraiser or the reviewer should get the documents only after the part appraiser has completed his bit.

You have to make the part appraiser mandatory and also define the workflow status / phase properly
hrboss

Re: OSA: Mandatory Part Appraiser

Postby LiranA » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:47 am

hrboss wrote:yes, the final appraiser or the reviewer should get the documents only after the part appraiser has completed his bit.

You have to make the part appraiser mandatory and also define the workflow status / phase properly

Thank you very much for the reply.
I did make the part appraiser as mandatory. I don't wish to use a workflow.
Can you please specify which configurations shall I do (mainly in the Processing Tab of the Template) for it?

Thank you again!
LiranA

Return to Human Resources