This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Structural authority for persons outside organizational man.

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Structural authority for persons outside organizational man.

Postby DeathAndPain » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am

Hello everyone,

we have organizational management enabled and working. HCM employees are assigned structural authorizations to make sure they can only "see" those persons in the organizations (O-objects) that they are authorized for.

Now we have a new company which is already in our SAP, but not yet in the organizational management (i.e. integration is not yet active for that company). I find that any user who has any structural restriction on organizational objects cannot "see" those (no authorization for that person in transaction PA20 on any infotype). However, since organizational management is not yet enabled for these persons, they have no O-object that I could assign to the structural authority of a HCM user. What can I do? Is there some sort of "default" authority that will allow HCM users to see all persons that are not yet in the organizational management?
DeathAndPain

Re: Structural authority for persons outside organizational man.

Postby Count » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 pm

simple answer: not possible.
if it needs to be absolutely done: the simplest way would be to create specific alternate users with roles based on regular auths only. (p_orgin)...
another way of looking at it would be to develop a function module for data retrieval use it in a structural role assign to users and test the hell out of it before sending it thru to production. This could very well work.

cheers
-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287109
-------------------------------------------
Count

Return to Human Resources