This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Occupational Absence Processing Functionality

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Occupational Absence Processing Functionality

Postby hrdan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 am

Hi,

Before I go off and develop a customer solution to meet my requirement can somebody confirm my thoughts that its not possible to do what we want with SAP standard funcitonality.

I want to factor additional payments set up on infotype 0008 in the same way as basic pay when an occupational absence is evaluated.

The challenge I face is that I want to evaluate all of the components seperately.

I can see that I can set up proccessing class 1 so they are included in the SXp/SMP etc calcs for occupational/statutory processing, but the output from GBSXP is a lump sum of occupational payments. I want to be able to split them all out so I can show on the payslip what is basic, shift pay, etc as seperate values.

Is this possible with SAP standard functionality ? or as I suspect do I need to create a development in the payroll schema to calculate the other elements seperately ?

Any comments or tales of similar experiances appreciated.

Thanks
hrdan

Re: Occupational Absence Processing Functionality

Postby rangachary » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:51 am

You could set up the OxP absence types as Paid Absences. and set up everything else the same, this would mean that system will calculate Basic Pay etc as normal, and OxP as notional values. The actual Basic pay etc can appear in the payslip.

However in the case where OxP is different from Full pay, you would get additional entries in payslip showing SMP or OMP.

Hope this helps.
rangachary

Postby hrdan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks ... am not sure that it will help as when occupational reduces to 50%, I need basic pay to reduce to 50% and the additional salary items to also calculate @ 50% for the absence period.
But I need the calcs to be indivually performed against the relevant wage types.

Thanks
hrdan

Postby rangachary » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 am

Oh,

Well looks like custom solution territory then. All the best.
rangachary

Postby hrboss » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:20 am

I doubt this whole functionality as you will not be able to show accurate figures due to offseting and band change (both seniority and entitlement band changes). I feel it is more of convinving the business to trust SAP (as several customers are on UK payroll) to live with Basic, shift, OXp and SxP in the payslip
hrboss

Return to Human Resources