This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

cats issue - need your opinions

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

cats issue - need your opinions

Postby Count » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

hey guys here is the issue am facing:
1. cats is used by finance to post activity based hours to controlling. using profile-1. hours only get posted to CO.
2. hr also uses profile 2 to capture attendances/absences/allowances and on release the data goes to the respective time mgmt infotypes directly.
The problem is:
1. finance users are able to see the hr entries and vice versa.
2. the requirement is : hr users should not see data entered by fi-users and vice versa.
What I did was:
1. created 2 authorisation groups and assigned one each to the 2 profiles in use.
2. maintained 0316 in both p_orgin and p_orgxx ... still not resolved.
3. am I missing something here or is my assumption that the days-columns being common across data entry profiles is somthing we need to live with - correct?

What do you guys reckon? If push comes ot shove am thinking I will check the 'no changes after approval' for the hr-data entry profile so atleast the hr data integrity is kept safe from any accidental changes by fi users.
As usual, very much appreciate your time and advise. thank you all.
Cheers
-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287109
Count

Re: cats issue - need your opinions

Postby rangachary » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 am

Count What is IT 0316?

DO you mean IT 0315? How will assignig this infotype to the profiles help?

Also isn't whatever is shown in the CATS data entry screen coming from CATSDB mostly? How are you going to control specific fields in the same table.

Also if the fields visible in profile 1 and profile 2 are completely different, how are the fi users able to see HR data, and vice versa

Not very helpful, I know.
rangachary

Re: cats issue - need your opinions

Postby Count » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:56 am

rangachary wrote:Count What is IT 0316?

DO you mean IT 0315? How will assignig this infotype to the profiles help?

Also isn't whatever is shown in the CATS data entry screen coming from CATSDB mostly? How are you going to control specific fields in the same table.

Also if the fields visible in profile 1 and profile 2 are completely different, how are the fi users able to see HR data, and vice versa

Not very helpful, I know.

0316: a virtual infotype whose subtype is the authorisation group within the data entry profile so if you have 2 different groups you can assign specific subtypes of this infotype to each and ensure that each groups' data entry profile is not accessible by the other.
Then: the fields in a data entry profile are from catsdb yes, but, they are also configurable to an extent in the sense you can control what columns you see in cat 2 but you do nto have any control on the monday to sunday columns which are common across profiles hence if I have data recorded against a sending and receiving cost objects only in hours in these monday to sunday columns,... entered via profile 1 and then someone else goes in for the same employee using profile 2 to enter basic/ot hours et al... they will be able to see the cost related hours mentioned above ... if they use the same peirod,..
hence my problem ... ahhh I need a beer ;)
my client is doing sap in small steps and has not reached the level where employees do their own time entry yet... when that does come in am hoping that employees will know what the sendoing and receiving cost objects are and also the normal over time hours as well for payroll... if that happens my problem is solved howver there is a bit of time for that to happen...
well thats about it ranga,.. howz you btw? had fun cheering the queen?
cheers

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287109
Count

Return to Human Resources