PE51 - Show Tax Code (UK) for Zero Tax

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Sleepyjoe

PE51 - Show Tax Code (UK) for Zero Tax

Post by Sleepyjoe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:46 am

Hi,

We currently have payslips configured so that tax deductions appear in the following format with amount in a separate column:

Tax Paid Tax Code Tax Basis ¦ Amount

so typical entry would be

Tax Paid 1240L WK1 ¦ 100.30

¦ = start of new column

When tax paid (/501) doesn't exist, the line doesn't appear on the payslip.

With the advent of Real Time Information (RTI) from HMRC, we will need to show the tax code on the final payslip for a leaver so I've experimented with putting the tax code line in a separate window and putting a window on top of that to try and get the tax code to show where it normally would even if there is no /501 but nothing appears. I can show the tax code somewhere else on the payslip but our payslip printer charges £1k+ to change a template and we have 5 of them to update.

Am I on the wrong track with the window in a window solution? Any other ideas, please?

Regards,
Sleepyjoe

T911168

Re: PE51 - Show Tax Code (UK) for Zero Tax

Post by T911168 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:10 am

its a while since i did PE51 but can you use the ST table instead at least to drive the line and tack on the /501?

Sleepyjoe

Re: PE51 - Show Tax Code (UK) for Zero Tax

Post by Sleepyjoe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:37 am

Hi,

You're absolutely right - I was over-complicating the issue and all I needed to do was break the line down into its component parts and have them in single fields instead of a window. I was slowly getting there but you speeded the journey up considerably!

Many thanks,
Sleepyjoe