Feature EDTIN - Adding Program

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Sleepyjoe

Feature EDTIN - Adding Program

Post by Sleepyjoe » Fri May 14, 2010 1:05 am

Hi,

I've asked our ABAPers to write a program for me to call in EDTIN because I want to display different versions of a payslip in ESS depending on the payroll in-period (INPER) chosen.

The logic I asked them to work with is along the following lines.

If INPER => 201103, SAP_CALC2, otherwise SAP_CALC1

They've added programs to features ENTRY and DFINF but are struggling with this one as they can't see how to find out the INPER value. Has anybody done anything along these lines who could give us a clue as to what to specify in the program?

Thanks.

Sleepyjoe

rangachary

Re: Feature EDTIN - Adding Program

Post by rangachary » Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 am

I am not sure I understand your question correctly ----
In the ESS Payslip Application, there is a section on top called overview, where the user selects the period for which he wants to view the payslip. This is basically the In Period for which you want to pass a different variant.

I am not sure that feature EDTIN is called after the user selects the date.If it does, then you just make a decision on this selection... Is this what you were asking?

Sleepyjoe

Post by Sleepyjoe » Fri May 14, 2010 1:55 am

Hi rangachary,

That's a good point - in our version of ESS the current payslip is displayed automatically and you can then go to the overview or use the Previous/Next icons to view other periods. Unless EDTIN is called every time you select a new period, there isn't any point in trying to amend the feature. I will get somebody who knows what they're doing to look into this - thanks for the info; you may have saved us some time on pursuing what might be the wrong solution.

Regards,
Sleepyjoe

Sleepyjoe

Post by Sleepyjoe » Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 am

Update - solution still needed

I've found that the feature appears to be called every time you select a different pay period in ESS, whether it's from the overview of available payslips or paging backwards and forwards from the payslip currently being viewed. I did this by changing the payroll area of the test record and amending EDTIN to call a different variant based on payroll area and as I selected or paged, the appropriate variant was displayed according to the payroll area in use on the record at the time.

This being the case, is anybody able to help with the code needed to do a selection on INPER, please, or suggest any alternative solutions?

Sleepyjoe