Copy Wage Type from one client to another

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Sleepyjoe

Copy Wage Type from one client to another

Post by Sleepyjoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 am

Hi,

Over a year ago I created a wage type in our DEV system and it's in a released transport with schema and rule changes related to the wage type. Because our customer has been a bit tardy on the user acceptance testing in TST client the schema changes are now out of date and I don't want them to get into our PRD client. I want to keep the existing number because it's in PE51 config for payslips and a number of PCRs but these are easy to copy into new transports. Is there any way of copying just the wage type config into a new transport? I can't see anything obvious in the IMG other than to copy the wage type to a new number, delete the existing wage type, and then copy the new one back to the original number. Is there a better way?

Regards
Sleepyjoe

Update! One answer appears to be to create a copy of the released transport and delete all the unwanted objects from it. Luckily we have a copy of our PRD client into which the copy transport has been placed and so far this approach seems to work. If there are more elegant or less manual ways to achieve the objective, I'd still like to know them, please.

muhnkee_2
Location: where the sun is shining, drinks are cold and the food is good

Re: Copy Wage Type from one client to another

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:40 am

Hey sleepyjoe,
how about copying the WT to a new WT, then delete the original WT, and copy it again from the WT you just created.
then you can send that new WT on a single transport...
Does that make sense?
Good luck!
greg
Author of Discover SAP ERP HCM
A high level introduction to the capabilities and functionality of SAP HR
Available now from SAP Press
http://sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2989