Hr_maintain_masterdata PG 428 errors

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

wigaa

Hr_maintain_masterdata PG 428 errors

Post by wigaa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 am

Hi,
I have written all post conected with Hr_maintain_masterdata and I'm not answered still :(

So my problem is:
Hi,
I wrote in ABAP my Z* program which collects and save some data about new hiring employment.
In this program I'm using FM 'HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA' to save data.
It looks like this:
CALL FUNCTION 'HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA'
EXPORTING
pernr = '00000000'
massn = '01'
actio = 'INS'
tclass = 'A'
begda = empl_date
endda = '99991231'
seqnr = '000'
werks = 'C101'
persg = '1'
persk = '11'
plans = '00000000'
dialog_mode = '0'
luw_mode = '1'
no_existance_check = 'X'
no_enqueue = ''
IMPORTING
return1 = l_return1
hr_return = l_hr_return
TABLES
proposed_values = l_proposed_values
modified_keys = l_modified_keys.

If I have dialog_mode = '1' program asks me abot data from IT0021 and IT0022. And even when I don't fill this data (press 'BACK' and leave screen) Employee data is saved (without it0021 and it0022 data) and pernr is returned.

If I have dialog_mode = '0' data are not save and l_return1 returns E 428 'A complex application error has occurred'.

What should I do to save data with dialog_mode = '0'. My data id IT0000, IT0001, IT0002, IT0006, IT0009, IT0016.

Have someone any sugget? Please let me know if you meet with similar problem.

Ragards,
Joanna

rangachary

Re: Hr_maintain_masterdata PG 428 errors

Post by rangachary » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:09 am

Hi

This should ideally be posted in ABAP forum to get more informed replies.

However, I will tell you what I know from my own experiences
DO NOT USE HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA or HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update IT 0 and 1 EVER.

SAP does not intend for you to use the above FMS in any Z Program. Even if you raise OSS message for this they will not support you.

You should use old fashioned BDC or LSMW for the same.

Hope this helps.

wigaa

Post by wigaa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:09 am

but hr_maintain_masterdata is function module dedicated to this action, why I not suggest to use it?.... :(

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 am

Hi,

It is dedicated for this action, but also dedicated for use by SAP. It is used in the actual SAP programs behind PA30 and PA40.

Mind you I am not an ABAP expert. I am talking from a point of view of a Functional COnsultant who has been badly bitten by following this strategy. Using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA or HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update IT 0 and 1 results in unexpected and complex applictation error, every now and then, which is impossible to debug and resolve. As you have disciovered , when you debug in online mode, you are not able to replicate the error. This is presumably because the internal code for 0 and 1 is much more complex, involving as it does, IT 0302 under certain conditions and so forth, and also the FMs are designed to work for online data update anyway.

The above however work much better for any other infotype other than 0 and 1.

Regards

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 am

Hi, guys! The problem is that your action is customized to fill in IT's 0021 and 0022. Hence, you should customize your action (i.e., '01'): bind it to a new user group and add/remove necessary infotypes from the action sequence. Then, run your program from an account, bound to this new user group (which is set in user parameters, 'UGR' one).

Hope, this helps to anyone, who will ever visit the topic :)

monicavz

Post by monicavz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Would it be possible to explain how to customize an action. We are trying to use HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA with the HR_Mini_Master and are having this issue as well.

Any suggestions or directions would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
Monica