Feature DATAR for IT0041

Human Resources (PM, OM, PA, TM ,PD)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, muhnkee_2

Sleepyjoe

Feature DATAR for IT0041

Post by Sleepyjoe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:11 am

Hi,

I'm only a HR configurer so please excuse my ignorance. Our feature DATAR uses structure PME01 which initially presents five fields available for decisions but clicking on Dictionary infos shows an additional four fields, one of which I'd like to use. Can anybody tell me if it's possible to make these additional fields available, please?

Count

hi

Post by Count » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:25 am

yes it is possible.

pe03--> input - datar --> select attributes ---> press change --> press struct.

but why do you want to use it ehh? would you care to explain the business need pls?

cheers
c.
-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
viewtopic.php?t=287109

Sleepyjoe

Post by Sleepyjoe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:44 am

Thanks Count - our production client PE03 shows only BUKRS, WERKS, PERSG, PERSK and MOLGA as being available but hitting F2 shows BTRTL, PERNR, ANSVH and MASSG are there as well. I've already played with PE03 in our DEV client and I can get the four 'missing' fields on to the structure list but they just get ignored. I particularly want to use MASSG (Reason for Action) to generate a specific date type. Having found some other references to features, a number of replies seem to say it's not possible to add fields but I assumed this was where the field didn't originally occur in the structure and maybe there was some way of activating the other four fields?

Count

hi

Post by Count » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:12 am

like I said,. go thru the above path I have shown,.. in chamge mode then u will see all the fields u mentioned in the structure but only the 5 fields selected,..
which means, on those 5 fields u can make a decision,.. now u just need to select the massg field also to make it available for u to make a decision on..
simple.
test it thoroughly on ure dev and test clients before u send it to the prod box.

cheers
c.

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
viewtopic.php?t=287109

Sleepyjoe

Post by Sleepyjoe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:35 am

Hi Count - I've done all that but it just won't work. I remember that in another post somebody said their feature DATAR used structure PME04 so I've changed to this structure and I can at least use MASSN for the decision which is better than nothing. Thanks for your help - it was reassuring to know that I'd been working along the right lines; just disappointing that SAP isn't as flexible as I wanted it to be on this occasion.