This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Controlling Area Merge Process for existing Company Codes

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Controlling Area Merge Process for existing Company Codes

Postby jgitau2 on Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:54 pm

We currently have about fifteen company codes configured in our system. These have been configured on a 1 to 1 relationship with the controlling area i.e. each company code is assigned to each own controlling area. We currently do not use the full functionality of CO i.e only use cost center master data , Internal Orders for capital projects and WBS elements. We wish to merge the companies to one controlling area so that we can be able to do cross-company allocations and was wondering if there is anybody out there that has been involved in this process before. Please note that the companies have been operational for about five years. All help will be appreciated.

Regards,
John

jgitau2

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:34 pm

SAP has a service they will do it for you, you can not do it yourself, the service is called SLO
System landscape optimization

Regards,

Controlling Area Merge Process

Postby jgitau2 on Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:SAP has a service they will do it for you, you can not do it yourself, the service is called SLO
System landscape optimization

Regards,

Thanks for the reply. We have contacted SAP but at this point we do not have alot to go with. We would appreciate it if somebody out there who has been involved in this process could provide a synopsis of how the process went & what the main lessons learned were. If it not possible to put that all in here, you could send me your contacts & I could get in touch with you. (E-mail address: jc_gitau@Yahoo.com)

Thanks in advance.
jgitau2

Return to Financials