This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

MIRO Unplanned Cost Posting to a default Account Doc Splitin

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

MIRO Unplanned Cost Posting to a default Account Doc Splitin

Postby Somum » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Folks,

My unplanned delivery cost is setup to go to a default expense account in OBYC with the default cost center via OKB9. However, in case of multiple profit centers on the PO Lines, I need this unplanned cost split across profit centers. Note that I don't want cost to be split across PO lines. Single default GL should be hit(which is working fine via OBYC) but document splitting should split this cost across multiple profit centers.
Document Splitting setup is correct for GL Accounts, Doc Types etc.

Any advice or pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sumit
Somum

Re: MIRO Unplanned Cost Posting to a default Account Doc Splitin

Postby darkduck » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 am

AFAIK, splitting is active when there is no Profit Centre in the line item, for example for vendor line item in the invoice.
In your case, OBYC and OKB9 define cost centre for your line item, which in its turn defines Profit Centre. There is no reason for splitting to initialize.
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...
darkduck

Re: MIRO Unplanned Cost Posting to a default Account Doc Splitin

Postby Somum » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks Darkduck for the reply.....again!

Let me share some more information.

I have a cost center defaulted for the unplanned cost via OKB9 but I don't have a profit center defaulted for it in the cost center master data. Reason is that I want the profit center for the unplanned cost to be picked up from the PO line.

That being said, please note that splitting is working fine if I have same profit center on all PO lines; then MIRO stamps that profit center to the AP line AND the Unplanned Cost line. Issue is ONLY when I have different profit centers on the PO lines, SAP cannot figure out how to split the unplanned cost across different profit center. However, if I remove the unplanned cost from the MIRO screen and if I have multiple profit center across PO lines, SAP successfully splits the AP lines across different profit centers.

Thanks
Sumit
Somum

Return to Financials