This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Fixed assets -- Legacy take over at mid year and Note 50607

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Fixed assets -- Legacy take over at mid year and Note 50607

Postby rmcgaffic » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:30 am

My posting of yesterday described a problem encountered with transaction AS91 to transfer a legacy asset at mid-year.

With an asset transfer date of 06/30/14 and a legacy depreciation calculated through period 06 2014, the problem is that period 7's depreciation represents not only the amount for period 7 but the depreciation for period 1 to 7.

OSS note 50607 Depreciation during old assets data takeover states the following:

"If depreciations have already been posted for the takeover year in the legacy system, these values must also be entered into the SAP system so that they can be used by the posting program".

Does any one know the transaction for doing so?

SAP Course AC305 Asset Accounting, Unit 6 states the following:
Transfer the depreciation for the current year up to the time of transfer. In customizing for Asset accounting, you then have to entered the last depreciation period posted in the legacy system before the time of transfer for each depreciation area.

Is a separate transaction required for this?

My assumption was that by entering cumulative depreciation through period 6 in AS91, that SAP was smart enough to recognize that depreciation for the first six months of the takeover year was already posted, and that for period 7 only period 7's depreciation would be planned, not 7 months worth of depreciation as currently happening.

Any fixed asset gurus out there who can share an insight?

Thanks,
Bob
rmcgaffic

Re: Fixed assets -- Legacy take over at mid year and Note 50607

Postby rmcgaffic » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:56 am

Please see my previous posting for a solution to the problem posted.

No additional transaction is required.

It is mandatory that the takeover tab show three values for a mid-year takeover:

1. Acquisition cost
2. Accumulated depreciation through the takeover date
3. Depreciation expense in the takeover year through the takeover date.

I had omitted the depreciation expense in the takeover year through the takeover date, and leaving this field blank
resulted in SAP calculating the depreciation for periods 01 to 06 and added it to the depreciation for period 07.

Bob
rmcgaffic

Return to Financials