This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Fiscal representative and VAT number in invoice posting

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Fiscal representative and VAT number in invoice posting

Postby arlbia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 am

Hi all,
at the end of each month probably you should create (or some partner does it for you) a report called Intrastat monthly report, which contains all the transaction made in EU Country, included goods coming from extra-EU that becomes EU into an EU country different from yours (example: Italian Company, German fiscal representative).
One of the field that has to be declared is the VAT number of supplier, but when the goods come from extra-EU and became intra-EU because of a fiscal representative, then the VAT number to be declared is the VAT number of fiscal representative (example DE123456789).
My question are the following two:
1) When you post the invoice of goods, do you enter a VAT number in the Detail mask ?
2) In the master data of supplier do you enter also the VAT number of fiscal representative ? In case you don’t do it, how do you manage this kind of posting ?
arlbia

Re: Fiscal representative and VAT number in invoice posting

Postby Buggsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 am

Create a separate vendor master for the fiscal representative with their EU VAT registration number maintained.
In the vendor master for the non-EU supplier from whom you are purchasing the goods, add a partner function of type GS (Goods Supplier) & assign the fiscal representative vendor number to this.

Create your PO/GR/Invoice receipt as normal - the GS partner being in the EU will ensure that the movement is automatically included in your Intrastat returns
Buggsy

Postby arlbia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 am

Hello Bugsy, thanks for your suggestion, this is not a bad idea, but I've another question: if I would use a partner role in an invoice checking, the invoice would be posted on the third-partner statement, but I would need to see the invoice posted on the Supplier of goods's statement. How do you manage it ?
arlbia

Postby Buggsy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 am

Why do you want to have the partner function in the invoice? Create the PO on the supplier that you are buying the goods from & who you will pay for the goods, book the GR & invoice against this PO - you will then pay the correct person. Having the GS partner function on the PO only really impacts on the intrastat reporting, hence why it was suggested. This also means that your PO is creating the legal ties between the correct parties.

If you want to go about it in a different way, then create the PO against the fiscal representative vendor but have the partner function PI (Invoice Presented by) on this code set to the vendor that you want actually to pay. But that is potentially not correct from a legal standpoint.
Buggsy

Postby arlbia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:35 am

Hello Bugsy, please do not consider te following text
"if I would use a partner role in an invoice checking, the invoice would be posted on the third-partner statement, but I would need to see the invoice posted on the Supplier of goods's statement. How do you manage it ?"
because I misunderstood the meaning of your suggestion.
Now I realized it and I acted as you suggested me.
1) I created a vendor (fiscal representative);
2) In the master data of goods supplier I entered "GS"role partner with the supplier code of fiscal representative;
3) I posted the invoice;
4) I launched transaction ENPA but in my table of results the position related to the invoice I just posted it doesn't appear. Did I mistake some step ?
arlbia

Postby Buggsy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:01 am

You need to post a Goods Receipt as well - Intrastat reports on movements of goods not invoices :)
Buggsy

Postby arlbia » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:22 am

Buggsy wrote:You need to post a Goods Receipt as well - Intrastat reports on movements of goods not invoices :)

Hello Bugsy, actually is not exactly so.
Don't know about your country, but in Italy we don't communicate the Goods receipt, we communicate the invoices value of goods and services we post in a certain month, purchased and sold.
Because of this, each month we send the copies of all invoices (and credits) for goods and for services (we have to communicate also these) to an external partner that declares in our name to the Custom Authorities.
We also communicate the invoices we have to post before the goods receipt (example: starting from China, I have to pay at sight of Bill of Lading, that means 4-5 weeks before goods receipt), and this is the case I should use the VAT number of fiscal representant.
Is it a little bit clearer for you now ?
arlbia

Postby Buggsy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 am

If you are using the standard Intrastat reporting in SAP then you need a GR in order for it to report values - it doesn't matter whether you are in Italy, France, Germany or the UK the rules are exactly the same. The invoice values are reported in the intrastat data but without a GR the values will not be selected. Read the help on the RMIMST00 program.

For non-EU imports - for Italy - I believe that you should be following the Bolle Doganali process to declare the invoices - this is an option on the standard VAT report RFUMSV00 - these are not Intrastat relevant.
Buggsy

Postby arlbia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 am

Excuse me but I never heard about programs like RMIMST00 or RFUMSV00. Could you please be so kind and tell me how can I found them ?
Thanks very much for your support.
arlbia

Postby Buggsy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 am

Then perhaps you should really be talking to your SAP support person or consultant rather than posting questions here.

RMIMST00 is the Intrastat data selection program - you probably know it as transaction MEIS or perhaps ENPA - MEIS will allow you access the program Info icon
RFUMSV00 is the standard advance return for tax on sales/purchases - accessed by lots of transaction codes - S_ALR_87100833 is the Italian version
Buggsy

Return to Financials