Failed on creating customer account

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

aveev

Failed on creating customer account

Post by aveev » Wed May 23, 2012 5:07 am

Hi..
I'm quite new to sap finance.
When I try to create a customer account and assign it with a reconciliation account (under account management tab), I find there is no drop down list that I can select.
And then I try to input this value manually (140000), but the system complains by saying that :
"entry 140000 does not exist in skb1 (check entry)"

I check the existence of this value on skb1 table (running se12, choosing skb1 table), and this account number is not there.
But, when I check the chart of account (coa) this company code uses, this coa does contain this account number (140000).
I assume that once we assign a coa to a company code, all the accounts in this coa will be available to the g/l accounts and customer/vendor creation process.

I also check this thread with similar issue:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171262

It says that "the GL account is not extended to the company code" so it should be extended to the company code..

How can I do this.. ?
How can I provide 140000 account number as reconciliation account to my customer account..?
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

aveev

Re: Failed on creating customer account

Post by aveev » Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 pm

it turns out that I need to create this reconciliation account from another reconciliation account (140000) from co. code 1000.
I use transaction code fs00 to create this account using 'create with reference' menu item. and.. this reconciliation account is now displayed in the dropdown list..:)
cheers..