F110 payment proposal - exclude vendor range

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

roadwarrior01

F110 payment proposal - exclude vendor range

Post by roadwarrior01 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Seems logical but...when creating a payment proposal (F110) we want to specify vendors both to include and to exclude (e.g. specify a range to include and then exclude selected individuals.

However when we click Maintain Selection options, the Exclude from Selection red button is grayed out - we can only Include vendors.

Where is the setting to turn on the Exclude?

technostud4u

Re: F110 payment proposal - exclude vendor range

Post by technostud4u » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm

I think you can only exclude the vendors from the edit proposal. I am thinking it is a process control, so that business does not forget to pay out vendors, but mistakenly excluding a vendor. That's the only reason I can think of :)
You are a naughty girl. now go to my room

darkduck

Post by darkduck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:09 am

What is about the Free Selection tab?
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...

roadwarrior01

Post by roadwarrior01 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am

I'm still puzzled because there's obviously some development done to prepare for an Exclude - the red Exclude button is there but grayed out. So either SAP originally intended it to be there but hasn't completed the development, or decided to exclude it after the fact and did a sloppy job editing the code.

The question comes from our AP manager who swears the function used to be there but is now gone.

Free Selection doesn't allow you to select by vendor number. Almost any other field in LFA1 and LFB1 but not LIFNR.